Thursday, August 5, 2010

A handy travel aid

I love to travel but there is this nagging thought in the back of my head what would I do when I am abroad and in a country where I can’t communicate? What can I do in case I get a flare and have to explain to a doctor what is going on if we don’t speak each others languages? I mean I can write in English and I learned Spanish and French in school also but I am German and in case of emergency I am not sure I could explain Lupus in any Language.
information_fachliteratur3 This problem was recognized by some amazing people who then created an awesome book called the Butterfly Traveler. In it you can find the translation for 1400 words and phrases you could need on vacation, in the hotel and most important at the doctors office. The 12 languages include Russian and Greek. The guide is easy to handle and you never need to be scared again. There is only one problem, you can’t really buy it anymore.
I found one offer at amazon.de [http://www.amazon.de/Butterfly-Traveller-Multilingual-International-Traveller/dp/3933185343] it is from ELEF the old name for Lupus Europe.
Now Imagine what you would do on a vacation when you get a flare?!
I would panic for sure, that is just what I do ;)!
But then I would remember my neat little helper and use it to find a doctor who can help me!
You don’t believe it can work?
Try me and post a challenge for me,either here or on twitter @lalez88 with tag #butterflytravel! [and specific language if you like]
I’ll try to answer as fast as I can [as soon as I read your message!]

No comments:

Post a Comment